Photo Credit: Graham Cochrane, Facebook
Mondays are meant for postings on how to make our workplace a great place…and our work life full of purpose and excellence. This post comes to you through my association with a young guitarist and entrepreneur. He is Nathan Mills at Beyond the Guitar…Photo Credit: Beyond the Guitar
…and he’s our son. All last week, he was posting, on Facebook, these videos from Graham Cochrane. I recognized the name because Nathan looks to him as one of his mentors, albeit mostly online. Cochrane is a musician, audio engineer, entrepreneur, and blogger.
Graham Cochrane‘s 6-part video course on Facebook Live turns out to be a great study on business practices. He gives winsome, practical, and timely counsel on starting and sustaining a business. However, we can all profit from his content whatever our work situation is. His principles in brief follow and are derived from King Solomon’s Proverbs.
- Strive to be generous – “One gives freely but grows all the richer.” – Proverbs 11:24-25
- Grow slowly – “Whoever gathers little by little will increase.” – Proverbs 13:11
- Do great work – “A man skillful in his work will stand before kings.” – Proverbs 22:29
- Don’t devour your profit – “A foolish man devours all he has.” – Proverbs 21:20
- Avoid debt – “The borrower is slave of the lender.” – Proverbs 22:7
- Business is messy – “Where there is no oxen the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the work of the ox.” – Proverbs 14:4
I hope you take the time to watch/listen to these videos. Fascinating content, whatever your work is. I am always inspired by the entrepreneurial spirit – especially when that passion and willingness to work hard at something you love has a ripple effect for good.