Photo Credit: Army.mil
Back to work.
What kinds of kickstarts do we build into our lives to consistently do a good job? When we lead out each week, are we leading on fumes? Or are we topping off the tank to get us and our team all the way through to goal?
3. ”A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.”–M. D. Arnold
7. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” —Ronald Reagan
23. “Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.” –David Star Jordan
28. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right thing.” –Peter F. Drucker
74. “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.” –John Buchan
100. “The most effective way to lead is to lead from within.” –Lolly Daskal
Staying fresh is important in leading well. Hanging with our people. Bringing the vision. Seeing the work through their eyes. Assembling the puzzle (be it product or service) with the pieces that all involved bring to the table. This is leadership of the best sort.
Below are links to just three more pieces on lessons in leadership. Worth the time to read them. 5 of my favorite leadership qualities appear prominently over and over again: emotional intelligence, courage, communication, caring for the people, and transparency.
OK…Monday. We’re ready for you.